Intellectual Property Licensing Expert
A highly experienced executive with an established record of entrepreneurial success as a company founder, board director and commercial manager with a comprehensive technical background in digital electronics, semiconductors and communications. I had direct involvement in the flotation of TTP Communications in 2000, refinancing of subsidiary ip.access, investor relations and the ultimate sale of the group company to Motorola in 2006.
Throughout I have driven the commercial business model, demonstrated aggressive growth and profitability and been personally responsible for selling, negotiating and closing the company's major business ventures.
I have broad skills in business, commercial, legal, operational and strategic management, complemented by a sound technical understanding.
Following the sale of TTPCom to Motorola I was a founder director of Cognovo Limited, an exciting new business which set out to reshape the design of cellular devices using Software Defined Radio. Backed by ARM we went on to sell the company to u-blox in 2012.
I am now semi-retired and, having been extensively involved in licensing, I am providing consulting support for IP licensing and other related activities.
- Six years experience as a FTSE listed plc director; Personal involvement in the IPO of TTP Communications;
- Founder member of the company, driving growth from 4 people in 1987 to 650 in 2005 with value of $1bn; consistent growth of revenue and profit for 8 years or more;
- Led the company's business development in Japan with extensive sales experience in Asia, Europe and the United States;
- Overall commercial responsibility including negotiation and closing of all major contracts throughout the world. Clients included; Intel, Motorola, Texas Instruments, IBM, Analog Devices, AMD, Siemens, ST Microelectronics, Sony Ericsson, Hitachi, Toshiba, Sharp, Kyocera, Samsung and LGE;
- Responsible for the company's legal and commercial function heading up teams of lawyers and commercial staff;
- Involvement in investor relations and the re-financing of subsidiary ip.access;
- Sale of the company to Motorola.
- Founder and Commercial Director of Cognovo Ltd and led the sale of the company to u-blox.